Dec 4, 2010

Dating and Revelation

HIM: “Hi, I’m Norby, formerly Elder Norbert of the Mexico City, Mexico Mission. I have received indisputable revelation that you are to be my wife.”
HER: I know I have some mace in here somewhere…”

This is a touchy subject. And one that is most easily understood through the lens of stewardship. On your mission, you learned that the Lord gives us spiritual guidance for things within our stewardship. As a district leader, you could receive revelation to help your district. As a zone leader, you could receive revelation to help your zone.

As a single guy, you can receive revelation for…just you.

Obvious, right? But not to a group we call “destiny daters.” These guys are looking for that lucky young lady who already agreed to be his wife at some sort of pre-mortal church dance. And since girl X is already destined to be his wife, he’s entitled to revelation on her behalf, right? Ain’t so.

Dating is a complex tango of the physical, emotional and spiritual makeup of two individuals. Just because a girl is perfect for you, doesn’t mean you’re perfect for her.

Best advice: don’t look for the right girl, look for the right relationship—one where you both feel comfortable and happy together. The Lord will let you both know when it’s right.

No comments:

Post a Comment